https://jobcosupply.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/05/jobcologo.png 0 0 kim tierney https://jobcosupply.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/05/jobcologo.png kim tierney2018-08-21 15:12:532018-11-16 13:34:28INSTALLATION INSTRUCTIONS FOR MICA HEATERS
- Unpackage the mica heater(s) and inspect for any shipping damage. DO NOT OPERATE DAMAGED EQUIPMENT.
- Verify marking the wattage and volt rating and compare to your .
- Mica heaters should be installed on smooth clean cylinders or flat surfaces.
- When putting mica band heaters on a barrel or nozzle, to avoid damage or premature failure, do not open up the heater for installation unless it is designed to be a one-time expandable band heater or hinged band heater.
- Make sure the mica heater is seated snugly, and the clamping band is tightened as much as possible.
Optimizing Heater Performance:
- Use the correct mica band heater diameter on the application to ensure a proper fit.
- Retighten the mica heater clamps after the heater has been energized and cooled.
- Avoid using excessive torque when tightening the post terminals. Use a wrench to hold the bottom nut while loosening/tightening the top nut.
- Do not allow contaminants such as dirt, oil, and plastics to collect on the mica heaters. These materials can carbonize and cause electrical shorts.
- The maximum sheath temperature of a standard mica heater is 900 degrees Fahrenheit.