One of the most common uses of our heating elements is in molding machines. Although preventative molding machine maintenance seems like it should be a no-brainer, some owners take these machines for granted. This is when problems occur that can affect a business. To prove that the importance of preventative maintenance isn’t a mystery, here is some information about molding machines and how to keep them in tip top shape.
- Conduct a maintenance check before and after every cycle: The whole idea of machine maintenance is to catch problems before they develop. By conducting a check with every cycle, you will be able to keep parts to spec and ensure that no debris or other foreign matter can damage the mold.
- Clean mold cavities with a gentle solvent: One drawback to mold machines is that residue can begin to accumulate within the cavity affecting the shape of your parts. The solution: Clean your mold using a gentle solvent so that you can avoid this problem from occurring and potentially damaging your machine and your products.
- Use compressed air to blow out dust, debris and water: Sometimes a gentle solvent alone is not sufficient to clean out more complex molds. In these cases, compressed air is usually enough to clean out molds before they can cause damage during the production cycle.
- Be sure that the entire mold dries before storing: Water can damage metal molds. Be sure that you dry your mold if you choose to clean them with water as rust can develop and result in a large proportion of rejected pieces.
- Note when maintenance was last performed: Make sure that you know when maintenance was last performed on your machine(s) and who conducted the inspection. This will let you know when the next check is needed and will help to keep employees accountable for regular maintenance.
Different machines and different businesses have different thermal demands. Moreover, optimizing your machine components performance should never be an afterthought. Choose one of our heaters and be assured that their manufacturers have behind them a wealth of industry knowledge. We sell a variety of products from oil tank heater blankets to strip heaters.