There has been much interest lately in the safety and cleanliness of manufacturing companies in light of the COVID19 crisis. We’ll walk you through four effective methods of cleaning and maintaining your equipment so that you can avoid expensive downtime, keep your crew and the public safe and meet your goals on schedule.
- Train and educate employees: Your employees are the most important partners there are in your company’s efforts to keep the factory and your machines safe and clean. Dedicate some time each week towards employee training them so that they know to observe sanitation protocols such as distancing, mask and glove wearing, hand washing, etc.
- Employ pressure washers and water cannons: Where applicable, use pressure washers to clean off certain types of equipment. Pressure washers are small-scale, limited to about 5–10 gallons per minute. Water cannons are far more powerful, and their flow is around 20-150 gallons per minute or more.
- Schedule regular lubrication: Regular lubrication will help your machines run more efficiently and it will help keep dirt and grime from building up inside of them.
- Set up sanitation stations: Set up stations where employees can wash their hands with soap or where they can disinfect them with hand sanitizer. Set them up all throughout your factor and not just in or near restrooms.
- Keep accurate records: Maintain records of when each major piece of machinery was serviced and/or cleaned. By using this method, you will be able to spare yourself from doing more work than you have to do and you will avoid neglecting machinery you thought you’d already managed.
- Monitor air quality: The main way that COVID19 spreads is via the air. Monitor and maintain the air quality in your facility and you will help reduce the spread of this and other viruses.
In short, a clean, safe working environment is vital to the packaging of certain items ranging from food and beverage to personal hygiene products. It is also important for manufacturers to purchase high quality custom cartridge heaters for their packaging machines. We sell a variety of custom cartridge heaters and hot air heaters from leading manufacturers like Watlow, Chromalox, Marathon, NexThermal, Tempco and others.